Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Thousand Words Thursday-Bath Seat



Here's another awesome and useful new piece of medical equipment we received last Monday.

This is Cole's new bath seat. It is called the Manitee!

Previously I had been using a baby bathtub that had a 'ring' that snapped in between his legs. This was still not an easy task, giving him a bath. Since Cole can't sit up on his own I would have to try to hold his already slippery body with one hand while washing his body and hair with the other.

With this bath seat he was sitting snug so he could actually 'play' in the water. He was so happy and having such a good time.

This seat has adjustable 'wedges' for his upper trunk and his hip area. It also has a lap belt I could use but I didn't have to with the wedges supporting him. And I can use a wedge between his legs so he doesn't slide down.

Cheaper Than Therapy
for more ATWT go to
Cheaper than Therapy

9 comments:

  1. what a cutie! the new little gadgets have come so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tool, I bet he was having a blast and it looks much more comfortable that the previous you described! Happy Bathing! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it makes things a lot easier for both of you. I love the strategically placed duck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bath chair! Definitely one of our most favorite pieces of equipment and so necessary. It makes bathtime so much easier and so much more fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww I'm lovin Coles new stuff- he looks great in the kid walk!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every boy deserves to have fun in the tub! Glad he's having fun now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. His new seat looks awesome! I have a difficult enough time washing a twelve lb slippery little girl in the tub...I can't imagine trying to hang onto a bigger kiddo in there...they are such slippery little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool seat.
    Your son deserves to have just as much "play" time in the tub as any other child. Thats so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, i also have a CP kid, he is getting bigger and bigger, i am looking for some bathing chair just like what you use.

    Can you tell me where to buy it?

    plz e-mail to my email box: fanglichen@gmail.com
    thanks very very much!

    Fanny (from Taiwan)

    ReplyDelete