Friday, June 13, 2008

In-Home Hippo Therapy



Another therapy I had not previously heard of is Hippo Therapy!

Hippo therapy is therapy provided by riding horses. This also is supposed to strengthen the trunk and teach balance.

I called around in our area and found a place, Coffee Creek Riding Stables, that is only about 2 miles from my house. Not only is it really close, it is FREE! Yep, you read correctly! Can you believe it?

The downfall – I cannot send Cole until he is two and a half.

I guess he will not be able to ride these horsies until the end of next summer. So, I came up with a plan to ‘make do’ until then. Our own ‘In-home’ hippo therapy.

A friend on Cafémom (Krista), had posted a picture of her cute little boy riding on a little pony. She was kind enough to send me info so I bought one for Cole. It is great because it has a little ring to help hold him on the horse and it can rock and/or bounce like a horse.

I still have to hold him up since he can’t sit unassisted but he has fun bouncing.

1 comment:

  1. He looks like he's having fun. You need to get him some boots! :)

    ReplyDelete